GHS Stampede

The Student News Site of Graham High School

GHS Stampede

GHS Stampede

All-American Girl Pageant 24′

The All American Girl Pageant was a smash on Saturday, February 24th. This event is one Graham has been doing for a long time. It’s a very enjoyable and respected tradition. The Thespian Society did a killer job at running a well organized and very entertaining pageant this year. All of the eight contestants did a wonderful job performing their talents and looked stunning throughout the night. The Thespian’s as well did a great job at their entertainment segment while our wonderful judges made their decisions. This year’s judges were Bronwen Choate, Jack Cody, and Connie Carey, some of the pageant’s alumni from when the event began about 52 years ago.

While all of the women did an outstanding job, four of them stood out. The first award of the night was given to Katie Parker, sponsored by Torch Club. She won the bravery award and was joyously applauded by the audience.

The next award of the night was Miss Congeniality. This award is one voted by all the women to nominate the most congenial, charismatic, and inspirational participant. Emily Clark had the honor of being voted Miss Congeniality this year by her peers at the pageant. Emily was a star on the outside and inside at this year’s pageant.

Next was the first award chosen by our three judges, the Best Talent Award. The judges chose out of all of the talents the one that was most outstanding to them. Walking away Saturday with this award was Sophie Rodgers. Her talent was a beautiful playing of See the Light from Disney’s Tangled on her flute. “I worked really hard on my song and am very excited to have won Best Talent out of all of the extraordinary talents seen that night” Sophie shared.

At last, the final award of the night, All American Girl, also voted for by the judges, was given to Madi Wilde. “I was surprised when I heard my name called, I feel very accomplished and excited about this honorary title” Madi said. Madi stood very excited as the flowers and crown were given to her during the raining confetti. 

“Saturday night went really well! The audience was a blast and super supportive of the thespians and contestants. I’m so proud of my Thespian’s and their entertainment but also how amazing the girls did! I have such great students and the night couldn’t have gone better.” Katie Huitt said, our theatre teacher and head of the Thespian Society here at GHS. We are thankful for all of the success of the night and the wonderful women we had participating this year.