GHS Stampede

The Student News Site of Graham High School

GHS Stampede

GHS Stampede

“Girls girls” or “Drama girls”

The 2023 Golden Globes

The Golden Globes is an event that has been hosted annually for the past 80 years. This year they were hosted on January 7 and streamed live at 5 on CBS and Paramount, with all nominees at Beverly Hills California. Celebrities from Timothée Chalamet Taylor swift were nominated and invited to this prestigious event. However, not all occurrences that happened in the building during the event were prestigious. Many Swifties were outraged about Taylor not winning a Golden Globe award. Fans stated that the Cinematic & box office achievement category was specifically made for her and Margot Robbie “robbed” her of it. Many people find this ridiculous, such as Taylor Swift. She is supportive of Margot and her accomplishment of this award. Many reporters and bystanders even reported seeing Taylor be the first to stand and cheer her on. If Taylor swift (the person who “lost” the award) is fine and supportive about it, why is everyone else inserting themselves and feeling feelings towards others that aren’t necessary? The saying “girls support girls”  really isn’t reflecting now. All of these fans think they’re doing Taylor a favor but really they’re just trashing everyone. All this hatred going towards Margot with their belligerent actions and words is extremely unnecessary. One viewer said Taylor was robbed at Golden Globe Awards!!! How can you compare a cartoon movie with a global phenomenon?’ As a Taylor Swift fan this comment is extremely uneducated. Yes the Eras tour film was a great movie recapping all the special moments during Taylors ongoing tour but the Barbie movie was definitely not a “cartoon movie”. This movie not only had real people and not animated cartoons but was a huge statement to everybody that one should never depend on a partner to take care of everything. You can be happy and independent without a romantic relationship. If all you got from the movie was that it’s a “cartoon” I believe you are truly blind. If you don’t like the Barbie movie then that’s fine but going as far as bashing people with feelings and emotions is extreme. Everybody is trying to turn the 2 icons against each other but in reality “girls girls’ ‘ will always support each other.